Just as I thought I was doing a horrible job at being a mother , heavenly father gave me the best blessing. (really the word blessing should be replaed with trial!) I returned home one afternoon from work and realized Kaden had a bump on his head. Concered and clueless of what had happened I rushed him to the doctor. After a ct scan and x rays we discovered he had a skull fracture. Come to find out the sitter had left him unattended and he had rolld off the bed. Because the sitter didnt tell me what had happened the poliece and child services had to be involved. I couldnt help but think I was in a nightmare. The feeling I had of my son being hurt like this was un real!!Words cant explain the disgusting feeling felt. After hours spent in the hosital, holding Kaden down for x rays, and having child services try to blame me, I had had it. This was honestly a joke. Iwould never wish this upon my worst enemy! I held Kaden like if I let go it may have been the last time. I was a complete mess! Now to the point of the blessing..
This was a great slap in the face to show me that no matter how I think I am doing as a mother I am a mother to an amazing little boy who loves me and chose me to call mom. He is so special to me and I hold him so dear to my heart. I never could imagime life without him! When times get hard and I feel like giving up I will always look back on this trial to remind me of the feeings I felt that day, to encourage me, and assure me I CAN DO THIS!!
Now to Kaden, even though you cant read this I want to expess to you how much I love you and how blessed I am to have you to call my own. Your smile can make mommys day, the way you look at me and know who I am, how your eyes light up at the sound of my voice, the way you cuddle close to me, and last of all the way you have made me who I am today.
I love you Kaden dale Firth





2 comments:
Your mom just told me Sunday about the skull fracture!!! You are incredible to be able to handle all of that pressure and stress. You are a great mother!!! I love you!!!
Thank you Brit,I have many great and amazing mothers out there to look up too, you being one of them:)
Post a Comment